For some time now, I've been thinking about other content I can share or different ways in which I can present content here for you all. I decided that there will be times I will want to review older films leading up to new installments or iterations, like the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, but I didn't want to just do a typical review. Walt Disney Pictures So instead, I will be creating something different. I present you with 180 Reviews, a series I will be doing that is reviewing movies in 180 characters or less. I'll be doing them once a day leading up to my review of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales . Here is my first review on Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl . Curse of the Black Pearl: what action movies should be, classic Disney, great cast and lots of fun. Johnny Depp steals the show! A+ I'll be back with this series tomorrow with Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men's Chest , not to be confused with the new mo...
Director: Ridley Scott 20th Century Fox Cast: Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, Danny McBride, Demian Bichir, Carmen Ejogo, Amy Seimetz, Jussie Smollett, Callie Hernandez, Nathaniel Dean, Alexander England, Benjamin Riby, James Franco Date Seen: Thursday, May 18th, 2017 Theater: Cinemark Polaris Overall Rating: B For as long as I can remember I've been a lover of science fiction, dating all the way back to my childhood when I would watch Terminator, Robocop and (of course) Star Wars . I've always loved how the genre, I'd argue more than any other, has some point to tell in the story. Whether that's through the theme or the plot, the characters or the overall message. The special effects may not always hold up, but those things do. As I entered my teens, I discovered Ridley Scott's film Alien and it has remained one of my all-time favorite movies since. The dark, claustrophobic atmosphere combined with amazing performances,...
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Too long, overstuffed and ultimately dissatisfying. Hated the Kraken being killed off-screen. Flawed but still entertaining. C+ Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Unnecessary, forgettable and unworthy of the franchise. Only saved by Depp's performance and the action. Time to come to port? C-
Comments
Post a Comment